Whilst we send good things out, we know the impact it’s having on the environment. And it’s in our nature to look after what’s important: our planet, our people and our customers. So we’re trying to make sure there’s a little more give with our take.
We’re not perfect. And we don’t take the word ‘sustainability’ lightly. But our love for the great outdoors extends from our gear to the wider world. Which is why we’re taking these steps to leave things a little better than when we found them - and do even more as we grow.
Because as we continue to explore the world, we must continue to care for it. Here’s how we’re working towards becoming a more sustainable business.
You’ve got to start somewhere. Here’s our somewhere.
We plant a tree with every order
Not us personally. But we’ve partnered with Ecologi to plant a tree somewhere around the world whenever an order is placed to balance out the carbon emissions that come from the delivery or packaging of our products. By investing in a project that reduces carbon emissions, we can help to offset the bad with the good - at no cost to you.
Our products are crafted using sustainable materials
Most of our products are crafted using sustainable materials that are both high performance and kind to the environment. While not all of the materials we use are sustainable, many are made using:
- Mulesing-free merino wool - a natural fibre that’s compostable and will break down to its natural elements without polluting.
- Bamboo rayon - grows naturally and is 100% biodegradable.
- REPREVE® - made from 100% recycled materials including plastic bottles and pre-consumer waste. REPREVE also collects and reuses industrial waste, starting with their own, and helps to offset the use of petrol, emitting fewer greenhouse gases and conserving water and energy in the process.
Our packaging is made from recycled materials
We send our products out in polythene bags made from recycled materials. So if the colour’s a little off, that’s just the recycled stuff. Strong and secure enough to protect your items in transit, our packaging turns waste that would’ve gone to landfill into something useful that’s filled with things that make our customers happy.
Our polythene bags (LDPE - recycling number 4) can be recycled. However, you’ll need to check with your Local Authority to ensure it’s recycled in your area. We plan to eliminate plastic from our packaging in the future and opt for a more eco-friendly alternative like cardboard or compostable bags.
We ship our products in by sea instead of air
We buy our products overseas and have them shipped to our UK warehouse by sea instead of air where possible, using the most direct route to reduce our carbon footprint. We know it’s not completely emissions-free, but we’ll always try to order our products in bulk via sea. However on occasion for smaller orders we’ll have them shipped by air. As we grow, shipments by air will become even less.
Our plans for the future
- Use more eco-friendly packaging that can easily be recycled, as well as minimise packaging on a whole and remove paper return slips
- Support outdoor climate action charities and give back to local communities
- Promote awareness and support funds for individuals who are raising money for charity through outdoor pursuits or challenges
- Fund more emissions reduction projects like protecting forests that absorb carbon and improve air quality, and sponsoring wind and solar farms that generate clean energy and replace fossil fuels
When you buy from us, you’re buying into nature. Join us on our journey to becoming more sustainable.
Got any questions or suggestions? Send them our way.